Matching Names to Plants

  • Subject: Matching Names to Plants
  • From: Robert Pindell <bobdell@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 14:05:35 -0400

I lurk and never post.  I just pay my AIS and NEOIS dues, drool over the
pictures in the Bulletin, buy iris, stick them in the ground, stand
back, let them grow and dazzle the neighbors so I have little to
contribute to the discussion here.  But now I have a problem and I am
sure this group can help.

Last winter, between the frost and the wind a number of  my plant
markers heaved out of the ground and disappeared.  I now have a list of
iris names and three bunches of plants; those with names, those with
names that I am not completely sure belong to the plant in question, and
those with out names at the moment.  (I also have a bunch of  TB's with
great flowers but no names at all but that is another story.)  I assume
that somewhere on the net there is a by name roster of iris with
descriptions of bloom and perhaps other characteristics such as foliage
base color.  I have done a bit of a search for such a roster and found
none.  Does such a list exist on the net and if so, can someone give the
the URL?  If such a list is not readily available could someone tell me
so that I can form another plan short of a rototiller and a lot of $$$'s
to get the right names back on my plants?

Thanks,

Bob
In the Cleveland, Ohio area watching his MDB's and SDB's bloom like mad
and awaiting the big show with his TB's, SIB's and JI's........

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.