Re: Newbie needing help...

  • Subject: Re: Newbie needing help...
  • From: "tan0301" <tan0301@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 19:52:06 -0000

I am so sorry for not posting my location and for not putting my
subject right.  I got the topic list/welcome to the club e-mail AFTER
I posted.

I am in southwestern VA zone 5/6.  If you are a nascar fan I am about
45 minutes from the Bristol International Raceway.

I am really afraid that they are going to rot.  It was nice and hot
yesterday, raining again today... We have had a tremendous amount of
rain this spring.  I guess I will just keep my fingers crossed and
hope for the best.  They look so terrible, I was just hoping there
was something I could do to help them out.

--- In iris-talk@y..., "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@w...> wrote:
> Welcome, Tanya.  It is our pleasure to try to help each other.
That's what we are here for besides the pleasure of just discussing
our favorite flower.
> I would not mulch the iris.  Mulch, plus fertilizer, plus rain is
the perfect formula for rhizome rot.  Please let us know what part of
the country you are in.
> Francelle Edwards   Glendale,  AZ  Zone 9 where we sure could use
some rain.
hurt 'em".
>   What's everyone's thought on this?
>   Tanya - Thank you for your patience with me.. I am just starting
>   and full of questions.
>   --- In iris-talk@y..., "John  Bruce" <jbruce1@c...> wrote:
>   > Tanya--
>   >
>   > I would not fertilize. An already stressed plant probably does
>   > not need the added stress of trying to produce growth. Bearded
>   > iris are not heavy feeders, and the nutrients probably still
>   > remain in the soil from your earlier feeding. They are
>   > just let sun and time do their work.
>   > jb
>   > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>   > John Bruce  jbruce1@c...
>   > Hidden Acres Iris Gardens
>   > http://home.cinci.rr.com/hiddenacres
>   > SW Ohio,USDA Zone 5b
>   > mailto:hidnacre@c...
>   > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>   >
>   >   plants or would it make it worse???  I fertilized in March.
>   Hubby
>   >   was so anxious to see the blooms he made me leave what stalks
>   >   survived, should they be cut off to keep from stressing the
>   plants?
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.