Re: HYB: MED: A Different Breed of MTB

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] HYB: MED: A Different Breed of MTB
  • From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 19:26:04 -0600

> From: GardnrJan1@aol.com
>
> Hi Linda,
>    KNOT'S LANDING also didn't like it here (most BB's and MTB's feel the
same
> way... except PAYOFF and LITTLE EGYPT.)    Pretty soon
> I think this will be almost entirely  a TB and IB garden.

Jan,

Probably PAYOFF and LITTLE EGYPT do well for you because their breeding is
quite
atypical for MTB's. The common garden MTB is a diploid ultimately derived
from the likes of I. pallida and I. variegata. PAYOFF was bred from TB's
and I. aphylla; LITTLE EGYPT is a pure TB in its ancestry, if the published
pedigree is correct.

jcwalters@bridgernet.com

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.