CULT: Newbie needing help...

  • Subject: CULT: Newbie needing help...
  • From: BigAlligator@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 21:26:16 EDT

In a message dated 5/7/02 10:53:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tan0301@yahoo.com writes:

<< Here's my question,
 would a shot of fertilizer help take some of the stress off these
 plants or would it make it worse???  I fertilized in March.  Hubby
 was so anxious to see the blooms he made me leave what stalks
 survived, should they be cut off to keep from stressing the plants?   >>

Tanya,
     Sorry for the dud e-mail.  I would not recommend fertilizing the newly
replanted Irises yet.  Wait a few weeks, then fertilize lightly.  The stalks
that survived probably can be left there.  Once an Iris fan blooms, it dies,
and it is the increase [non-blooming fans] that carry the clump to the next
season.

Mark A. Cook
BigAlligator@aol.com
Dunnellon, Florida, USA