re:Newly reenlisted

Hi, All!
  I was a list member long ago and have finally gotten coordinated
enough to make it back. I have moved 9 times in the last 7 years and
have always brought my iris with me, regardless of season. Of course,
everything has lost it's tag and this is the first year I have ever
had such spectacular bloom. Don't know what is blooming but it is
pretty anyway! Of course, we are moving again in about 4 weeks and
this time to a deer infested area. I was wondering if anyone could
tell me about the deer proof-ness of iris. I know that the neighbors
in the area we are moving to are fairly flush in beautiful iris and I
was pondering whether that is due to luck, protective measures, or
lack on deer interest.
  I am glad to be back! I hope everyone had and is having as
spectacular a bloom this year as I am. Wow, they are great plants,
aren't they?

Karen von Bargen
San Martin, California, zone 8a
soon to be Oroville, California 7a or B