Re: Re: Newbie needing help...

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: Newbie needing help...
  • From: RYFigge@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 00:06:19 EDT

Tanya, did you attend the convention in Memphis?  I ask, because we drove
down and spent the night in White Pine (?) just before Bristol?  and in
Troutville en route back -- either of these near you.?  Saw billboards of
Rusty Wallace around Bristol - I was interested because I sometimes watch
those races.
As for mulch, there are landscapers and there are landscapers, such as those
who mow grrass and trim hedges, but call themselves landscapers, which is a
real profession.  Just as Master Gardners are not necessarily knowledgeable
about irises -  , they readily admit this oft times -- had one as a bus
captain, She was a lovely person and a good bus captain,  IT was not her
fault that we were late for  lunch - she had been given the wrong directions
etc for finding the place !  But she was entertaining, had "games" for us and
 we had good bus drivers.
As for mulch -- I use it in the aisles between the bearded irises, but NOT
onthe rhizomes.  But it helps to keep the moisture in during a drought, and
it helps to keep down the weeds   For the Siberians, I keep the mulch among
them - and the JIs when I had them -- I have also used grass clipping for the
spaces between the rows.rosalie nr Baltimore zone 7  ryfigge@ aol.com

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.