RE: HYB: crossing plicatas with nonplicatas

  • Subject: RE: [iris-talk] HYB: crossing plicatas with nonplicatas
  • From: John Reeds <jreeds@microsensors.com>
  • Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 07:47:24 -0700

Absolutely, it might be useful in multi-generation crosses, where one trait
in a non-plic may be added to plic breeding lines, or vice-versa.  The first
year I ever tried hybridizing, I got a lot of remarkable dogs from such a
cross, though I  considered second generation crosses trying to incorporate
a light blue ground onto a dark blue plic.  I know some lavender ground
versions of this exist, but I love true blue.  None of these dogs seemed
woth the effort.

John Reeds

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.