Re: re:Newly reenlisted

  • Subject: Re: re:Newly reenlisted
  • From: "tan0301" <tan0301@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 15:19:40 -0000

We have a lot of deer at the house and I have never had them touch an
Iris... could be because they have all those fabulous daylilies to
munch on... they love those.  I have 3 dogs and they have now been
moved behind the garden.  The deer aren't afraid of them but don't
hang around long because of the barking.  Cows on the other hand...
seem to like iris.  I have some planted that I thought would be out
of reach of our field we ween the calves in... well there not and
they love them!

--- In iris-talk@y..., "esteban_maturin" <esteban_maturin@y...> wrote:
> Hi, All!
>   I was a list member long ago and have finally gotten coordinated
> enough to make it back. I have moved 9 times in the last 7 years
> have always brought my iris with me, regardless of season. Of
> everything has lost it's tag and this is the first year I have ever
> had such spectacular bloom. Don't know what is blooming but it is
> pretty anyway! Of course, we are moving again in about 4 weeks and
> this time to a deer infested area. I was wondering if anyone could
> tell me about the deer proof-ness of iris. I know that the
> in the area we are moving to are fairly flush in beautiful iris and
> was pondering whether that is due to luck, protective measures, or
> lack on deer interest.
>   I am glad to be back! I hope everyone had and is having as
> spectacular a bloom this year as I am. Wow, they are great plants,
> aren't they?
> Karen von Bargen
> San Martin, California, zone 8a
> soon to be Oroville, California 7a or B