Re: Re: OT-BIO: Newbie needing help...

tan0301 wrote:
> I have 9 named siberians and about 8 un-named, 6 japanese iris, 2
> Lousiana Iris, 2 species iris... I planted a little of everything to
> see what would work and what wouldn't.  The LA's and Species were in
> the pond until it washed out.  I am rather unsure as to what I am
> going to do with them now.  I have all them mulch in.

Are you saying that your pond is gone!?!
Is there still a little stream there? Are the iris still there?
Most siberians shouldn't need as much water as the japanese and louisianas.
(all need more than beardeds) so if you can help them thru any dry periods,
they should be fine.
For the others, there's still hope depending on other things like what water
is left and how low they are planted, etc...

I thought that occassional flooding could leave behind good nutrients in the
soil so maybe they will be really happy!

If you can post a photo or two to iris-photos, that might help folks give you
some tips.

Region 19, NJ
          Phone: 609-518-3700 x4444          Fax: 609-518-3720

  safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across
  the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil,
  shouting GERONIMO!"
  cathy@gixxergirl.org           http://www.gixxergirl.org/

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.