Re: CULT: Matching names to plants THANKS

  • Subject: Re: CULT: Matching names to plants THANKS
  • From: Robert Pindell <bobdell@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 11:32:09 -0400

Thanks to Arnold Koekkoek, Pearl, Doyle, Rosalie Figge, Patti Wenham,
Laurie f, Christy Hensler and anyone else that answered that I haven't
seen yet.

Your suggestions and URL's are very helpful, I have gone to a couple
already this morning, (Laurie, your site gave me the positive ID for
PIXIE FLIRT one down and about twenty to go), and I sent an e-mail to
Jim Jones at his http://www.irisregister.com/ to get registered.

I do have a "sort of" map and I know the dividing line between my old
"no-name, Home Depot" irises and the ones I bought by name.  I started
out planting in alphabetical order and some parts of my bed are still in
that order with some moved out to others spots. Then too, I tend to
plant new plants together, sort of.  Another thing that helps is that I
have concentrated on getting a wide variety of color and size and
anything that is a bit odd or has a fun name or looks like it might
dazzle the neighbors, so I only have two or three different pink MDB
irises for example instead of maybe a dozen.  In the end I expect that I
will have a few more names than plants because some have died over the

When I get this all straight I will have a good map, heavier markers
above ground and another completely buried beside the plant.  One time
is enough!

Again Thanks a lot for all your help,

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.