Re: OT-BIO: Newbie needing help...

  • Subject: Re: OT-BIO: Newbie needing help...
  • From: "tan0301" <tan0301@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 17:58:37 -0000

Yep, the pond is gone!  We had it professionally built about a year
and a half ago it was 10 feet wide, 12 feet long and 3.5 feet deep.
3 of the walls collapsed inward and everything washed out.  The iris
is the only pond plants that stayed.  Out of 18 fish we recovered 3.
My neighbor is 70 and lives in the house he was born in and says that
he never remembers ANY flooding what so ever.  So this was a rarity.
I get sick to my stomach every time it rains now.  I don't know how
people with houses that get flooded regularly survive... my nerves
couldn't handle it.

The pond was the center attraction of the garden too, so right now I
just have a big gaping hole.  We are going to fill it in.  Maybe try
an above ground.

I also had a hothouse that got wiped out along with everything in
it.  Hubby had iris and daylily seedlings in it that he had crossed
last year.

The little branch in front of the house only has water in it in
extremely wet weather.  I remember several years that there wasn't
any water in it at all.