Re: OT: Show in St. Louis

  • Subject: Re: OT: Show in St. Louis
  • From: "kprpkim" <kprp@swbell.net>
  • Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 19:11:33 -0000

--- In iris-talk@y..., William Wells <wells@t...> wrote:
> I'd like to know that, too. I've never caught the Missouri Botanical
> Gardens while in peak iris bloom. (The daylily bloom there last year
> breath-taking). Might be a good choice for my first iris show to
> Bill Wells

I went to MO BOT this morning, specifically to look at iris.
Disappointing. But then, they have only one area for iris compared to
3 - 4 times that much for day lilies. Wonder why that is?

I'd guess that only about 1/10th of the iris were in bloom. Many had
no buds at all. Some will be in bloom next week. All in all, not worth
going to see. I walked aorund the rest of the garden just to make sure
I wasn't missing more iris. There's a bit of it at the Kemper demo
gardens (say, 5 varieties) but not much elsewhere.

I agree, their daylily beds are great. Full with many, many

St. Louis

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.