Subject: Re: CULT: Matching names to plants THANKS

  • From: Robert Pindell <bobdell@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 10:49:19 -0400

Thank you very much for the offer, Bill.

Everyone has been most helpful with both advice and on line resources.

My plan is to post a list and snap shots as a last resort.  I have started with a roster of 90 names that I am scrubbing to remove the positively ID'd plants. I suspect that by the end of the bloom season I will only have a handful of plants without names (mostly the ones that didn't bloom, no doubt) and a slightly larger handful of names without plants. I am taking digital photos of each plant as it blooms for a data base to cross referenced to my by name roster. I am also developing a better garden map. (All things that I should have done years ago!)

If all goes well, I will have some entries in the Akron Early Iris Show this weekend, more entries at their May 27th show and, of course, the North East Ohio Iris Society show in Strongsville on June 1.  I will also take some of the ones with lost names and my roster to see if anyone there can match them up.

--
Bob

"In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn't
speak up because I wasn't a Communist.  Then they came for the
Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they
came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I
wasn't a trade unionist.  Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.  Then they
came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up."

               Martin Niemoeller, German Lutheran Pastor

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.