Re: re:Deer and Rabbit trouble, was Newly reenlisted

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] re:Deer and Rabbit trouble, was Newly reenlisted
  • From: "Sandra Barss" <bardraj@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 18:16:41 -0700

They generally just chew on them in the early spring before everything
greens up.  I am having a hard time remembering right now, but I think
it hasn't stopped them from blooming later.  When I saw the subject
heading "previously frozen dinner" a week or so ago that is the first thing I
thought of....I think frost sweetens them.

There is a product called "Critter Ridder" out that seems to work for the
short time I need to keep them out, if I apply it early enough.

This spring between the rabbits and the snow (it snowed ALL day today)
and cold weather I am going to be amazed if anything blooms this year.

SE Manitoba
Zone 3