Re: RE:OT we have no bloom

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] RE:OT we have no bloom
  • From: doris1434@juno.com
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 05:17:16 -0600

The stealing of plants is such a rotten thing to do! My daughter is the
horticulturist for the City of Fayetteville, AR parks and the thievery
has increased this year by leaps and bounds. Flowers, shrubs, small
trees, dug up and gone. The elephant ears seem to be a prime target for
stealing too. She digs up the huge bulbs every fall and stores them. Some
of them are absolutely gigantic and shortly after they send up leaves,
many are dug and stolen. The newspapers have run stories and the police
are alerted and patrol as much as possible. The thievery will abate for a
year or two and then resume again, as it has done this year.
        Heartbreaking. . .

Doris Elevier
USDA 7b, Sunset 11
El Paso, TX

On Fri, 10 May 2002 04:57:09 -0500 "Judy Eckhoff" <judye@msinter.net>
writes:
> Sylvia, sorry to hear about that. It reminded me of the time years
> ago before I knew iris had names. I thought I had about every color and

> was very> proud of my 30 something collection !! One spring I went out
each
> morning to> see what was blooming, but when I got home from work , the
whole
> plant was> gone. This continued until the only iris I had left were
those that
> did not> bloom. I never found out who took the flowers, but I hope they

> enjoyed them. > If only they had asked I would have shared !! I hope
the children
> are found > and punished accordingly. Perhaps a few hours of weeding ??
> Judy E.
> Haven, KS

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.