Re: RE:OT we have no bloom

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] RE:OT we have no bloom
  • From: "Hensler" <hensler@povn.com>
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 06:41:18 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: <doris1434@juno.com>

>Flowers, shrubs, small
> trees, dug up and gone.

I don't suppose there's a GPS device small enough yet to insert discreetly
in some of the larger plants?

One local campus has come up with a proven method for discouraging the theft
of live evergreen trees from the grounds each Christmas. The trees are
liberally sprayed with coyote urine and the local papers publicize this.
Seems that while not noticeable in the cold outdoors, the stench is
overpowering when exposed to warmth in a closed area.

Not quite the kind of thing you'd want for a summer display garden, but
perhaps giving the plants a unique fragrance or applied florescence until
their roots become anchored might be one way to track or identify pilfered

Skip & Christy Hensler
Newport, WA

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.