OT:IRIS MISCHIF

  • Subject: OT:IRIS MISCHIF
  • From: Gordon & Loraine Nicholson <iris4u@pacbell.net>
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 08:31:37 -0700

Here in our part of California the schools are responsible for children
until they reach their homes each school day, which really helped the
only time our garden was "murdered". We contacted the school and with
some help from us and a neighbor the childrens parents were contacted
and almost immediatly parents and totally embarressed boys were in our
yard asking "what can our children do to make amends?" Gordon took the
time to explain what we do and how much we like what we do and also
asked the boys if he could help them in any way, boy were those boys
more "sheepish" when they left!! has not happened again since!! We do
find that most parents are very much in control of their children here
in our garden and use the opportunity to teach their kids about
germination, etc. Our iris loving clients also monitor the garden for us
and become totally "mad" when they see adults jumping rows, picking
blooms, dead-heading, droping buts or even smoking among the bloom!!
Running children are reported to us!! Please understand that we do not
ask for this monitoring but totally appreciate it. Lorraine in Modesto
CA where the bloom is still spectacular due to cool weather (supposed to
be in 80's this weekend so that and watering will put an end to it.)

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.