RE: RE:OT we have no bloom

  • Subject: RE: [iris-talk] RE:OT we have no bloom
  • From: John Reeds <jreeds@microsensors.com>
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 08:45:27 -0700

> Sylvia, sorry to hear about that. It reminded me of the time years ago I
> went out each morning to see what was blooming, but when I got home from
> work , the whole plant was gone. The only iris I had left were those that
> did not bloom.  I never found out who took the flowers.
> If only they had asked I would have shared !!  I hope the children are
> found
> and punished accordingly. Perhaps a few hours of weeding ??
> Judy E.

Unfortunately, a few hours of weeding won't do it for the type of kids that
would commit such vandalism; and generally the parents of such kids either
provide no discipline or nothing but yelling and beatings.  Best thing would
be to help them to grow an iris garden (right along the front sidewalk, of
course); make them tend and nurture the plants; perhaps even tie some
privileges into how diligently they maintain the flowerbed.  Then the only
question is whether they need the devastating object lesson of coming home
one day to find their garden demolished.

In my old neighborhood, all the children well very well behaved; except one
year  when they started some kind of "roller-hockey" thing at the local
elementary school.  The little kids would skate home down the sidewalks with
their hockey sticks and their 10-year old testosterone surging, and any
flowers within 5 feet of the sidewalk didn't stand a chance.

John Reeds

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.