Re: RE:OT: plant theft

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] RE:OT: plant theft
  • From: "Kitty & Bruce Loberg" <loberg@pacific.net>
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 09:15:06 -0700

Janet,   thanks for mentioning this issue.   I needed to hear this point.
It's true, we often see roadside produce or roadside crafts.  It will
behoove myself, when I'm next inclined to stop, to perhaps check out their
source.  We have roadside strawberry sales, but they are right at the farm,
so there's no doubt where the strawberries come from.  But some others, it
will be well advised to check out their source.   We have local Farmer's
markets, which include produce, plants, arts and crafts, and more... they're
very popular.    I would hope that their vendors are never suspect!
Kitty Loberg
Northern Calif.

> The stealing of plants is such a rotten thing to do!
> My brother found people digging up trees and binding root balls at a farm
> tends to...at night.    A new wrinkle in how to make money I guess...now
if I
> see a roadside or suddenly "new"  "nursery" (they 're not a nursery, just
> like someone selling trees from a truck)  I'm suspect and I don't buy
> or encourage anyone else to.
> Janet Natale
> zone 8 of SC

Buy Stock for $4