RE: Help We have No Blooms!

  • Subject: RE: [iris-talk] Help We have No Blooms!
  • From: John Reeds <jreeds@microsensors.com>
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 09:10:02 -0700

> << I am devastated - Sylvia >>
>
> I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.  I can only imagine how you feel.  I
> was
> <quietly> upset a couple of years ago when the little guy (2 years) next
> door broke off an iris I'd made a cross on, but he only broke the one and
> he
> didn't know better.
> Betty from BG KY zone 7

When my daughter was two or three she delightedly harvested 3 of the pretty
green "eggs" to share with mommy and daddy.  We explained to her that it was
a sweet thought, but she shouldn't do it again.  Now (she is four), I have
shown her all the seedlings in process, and explained that daddy made them
(with a little help from God).  So, she tells me that the flowers are
singing (like she leaned in church) "God made me...".  Now when I have a
worthless reject seedling or a tiny nubbin of something that isn't worth
replanting, she gets upset if I throw it away.  Fortunately she doesn't keep
track of them all.

John Reeds in 9b southern California,
who hopes to someday name an iris after that little sweetheart

Bloom past peak, but still going strong!

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.