Re: REF:Question received, passing the buck

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] REF:Question received, passing the buck
  • From: "David Silverberg" <sil1812@molalla.net>
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 10:44:51 -0700

<<"What is the botanical name of the shape of the Iris flower?".>>

I don't know that the shape has ever been defined (in my limited
knowledge) - BUT -if we were to draw a connecting line from the center of a
fall to each of the other two we would form a triangle. If we then drew
another line from each angle point to the peak of the standards we would
then form a pyramid. That, I believe, should be the basic/botanical shape of
the Iris flower. Of course this would not hold true for many of the
beardless, especially the multi-petalled JI's. There are always exceptions
to the rule!!! Comments????

Dave Silverberg
Molalla, Oregon, USA, zone 7/8ish

Buy Stock for $4