Re: CULT: Matching Names to Plants

  • Subject: Re: CULT: Matching Names to Plants
  • From: Robert Pindell <bobdell@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 16:04:01 -0400

Thanks for the great suggestion.  I took a look at the site.  They have a long by name list posted with complete with very useful descriptions. They have put together a great on line resource (and a danger to one's checkbook).

Patricia Brooks wrote:

>If you have the names, the most comprehensive source I know of is the
>Riverview Iris Garden catalog.  They offer "over 9000 varieties", up
>to the most recent, and this year they included descriptions of every
>one, which a little checking determined they match the R&I lists I
>have for the '80s and 90s.
>The catalog costs $7, but is a mindblowing source of both info and
>plants.  Their address is 21680 Upper Pleasant Ridge, Caldwell, ID
>83605.  Or they have a website:  www.Riverview-Iris-Gardens.com.  You
>can probably order the catalog there is you have a credit card.
>Patricia Brooks

"In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn't
speak up because I wasn't a Communist.  Then they came for the
Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they
came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I
wasn't a trade unionist.  Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.  Then they
came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up."

               Martin Niemoeller, German Lutheran Pastor

CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!