Re: OT: vandalism

In a message dated 5/10/2002 6:55:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
iris-talk@yahoogroups.com writes:

> Re: OT: Iris Vandalism

When Home Depot had their bulb sale last fall, I got 10 bags of 30 red bulbs
for $1.00 a bag, plus some anemones which I have never grown. In my front
border, the tulips came first with a dramatic explosion, then my dwarf iris
began to appear among the tulips and the anemones which I have treasured.
Then the poppies whose seed I had casually tossed about began to tower over
the bulbs. One morning last week I went out for the morning paper and was
horrified that about 8,14" poppy plants were uprooted in the road. I thought,
O No! What will happen next? No other damage has followed. I have concluded
that a helpful morning walker, who had admired tulips, iris and daffodils
decided to help me with some casual weeding. I still have lots of poppies and
I hope my visiting weeder(s) will recognize "their" error. I have had
prolific praise from the neighbors who have taken collective pride in the
       Now my setosa, siberian, pseudacorus and virginica are showing off. I
hope my theory about the visiting weeder is correct.
       I to empathize deeply with you Sylvia. I hope the culprit is
chastised, helps you and ultimately arrives at a human level of

James Harrison
Asheville, NC

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.