Re: RE:OT: plant theft

  • Subject: Re: RE:OT: plant theft
  • From: "kprpkim" <kprp@swbell.net>
  • Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 17:18:34 -0000

--- In iris-talk@y..., GardnrJan1@a... wrote:
> In a message dated 5/10/2002 7:21:00 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> doris1434@j... writes:
>

> > The stealing of plants is such a rotten thing to do! My daughter
is the
> > horticulturist for the City of Fayetteville, AR parks and the
thievery
> > has increased this year by leaps and bounds...

I take care of a perennial garden in a public park. I've learned not
to plant anything really nice or unusual--it just gets stolen.

This year would have been a big show of a great iris grouping: A big
white, a big purple, and a white/purple plicata. Sadly, someone dug
up the plicata so the grouping is far less effective.

We have thefts of plants each year. Last December we lost 2 weeping
cherry trees from one of the community gardens. These things are
expensive and so are targets for thieves.

Kim
St. Louis

Kwick Pick opens locked car doors,
front doors, drawers, briefcases,