Re: Re: RE:OT: plant theft

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: RE:OT: plant theft
  • From: doris1434@juno.com
  • Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 14:22:35 -0600

Really disheartening, isn't it Kim? I have difficulty comprehending the
mentality of those who would desecrate a park by stealing that which is
put there for its beauty and to bring pleasure to the onlookers.
Unfortunately, it's a fact of life and one that I have no idea how it
could be eliminated short of literally having the area constantly
patroled,

Doris Elevier
USDA 7b, Sunset 11
El Paso, TX
 which just isn't feasible. . .

On Sat, 11 May 2002 17:18:34 -0000 "kprpkim" <kprp@swbell.net> writes:

> I take care of a perennial garden in a public park. I've learned not
I've learned not
to plant anything really nice or unusual--it just gets stolen
> > > This year would have been a big show of a great iris grouping: A
big
> > white, a big purple, and a white/purple plicata. Sadly, someone dug
> > up the plicata so the grouping is far less effective.
> > We have thefts of plants each year. Last December we lost 2 weeping
> > cherry trees from one of the community gardens. These things are
> expensive and so are targets for thieves.
>
> Kim
> St. Louis

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.