Re: OT: Matching Names to Plants

  • Subject: Re: OT: Matching Names to Plants
  • From: majorcanis@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 00:32:40 EDT

Dear Friends,

       Does anyone know of a database or computer program which would help
keep track of crosses, seed germination, transplantation to individual
containers or direct transplantation into beds.
       I would like a program that could divide my property into 10' x 10'
grids, or 3 m by 3 m grids, with an address of each quadrant, subdivided into
respectively 100 units or 81 units if metric system, thus enabling me to
define my germination location, my temporary transplant location, and my (I
dare not say final) hoped for best site for maturation. Ideally I would like
to enter at time to seed planting whether this specific species prefers sun,
shade, wet feet or dry summer, so I would know where to give it optimum
chance for life. .
       I have voluminous paper records, but I need not tell an experience
grower, short of the professionals,what can go wrong with record keeping.
Though I often fail at date entry, my primary problems are data integration
and retrieval.
       Any suggestions?

James Harrison
Asheville, NC

(Where I have many many wonderful species iris blooming from SIGNA seed,
without total clarity of what I have. I do have records, but do not seem to
have time to retrive them from a less than rational system. My consolation is
that what I have is thriving, and I am confident for a hefty fee I could
invite an expert bioloigist/botanist consultant from Virginia to drop by and
identify my beautiful children.)

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.