CULT: Last Man Standing

  • Subject: CULT: Last Man Standing
  • From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 10:44:35 -0500

This is in reference to a post on iris-photos regarding late bloomers.
Some of our iris gardens up north are still in MDB season and
everyone else is in between MDBs and . . . . .      I think Bill
Burleson really is referring to late TBs.  But there are other things to
look at besides late TBs.

My JI season is in full swing with my early seedlings from
Springtime Snow X Hatsu Kagami just beginning to bloom.
Yesterday I lined out about one hundred more seedlings from the
F2 generation and hope to see these in bloom next year at this
time.

I think I have just discovered what my 'last man standing' in the
garden will be.  It is the precious little brevicaulis Linda Mann
showed us last year.  I found buds at ground level just yesterday!
Saw buds on this in Arkansas last week.  Tom Parkhill, who
originally found this iris in TN, says it does not snake all over the
ground but stands erect and is not the same as the registered
cultivar SLOWPOKE.

The last TB standing will be LETA BLACK, a pink that should
bloom tomorrow.

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8

Buy Stock for $4