Re: CULT: Last Man Standing

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT: Last Man Standing
  • From: laurief <laurief@paulbunyan.net>
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 02 11:09:12 -0500

>Some of our iris gardens up north are still in MDB season

Some of our gardens waaaay up north are still in winter!  We're still
getting sub-freezing temps nearly every night, and yesterday was the
first day in the last couple of weeks when we didn't get snow!  My first
iris bloom last year was 5/14.  This year our season looks to be several
weeks - perhaps even a month behind.  Right now my irises are still
struggling to put up foliage.  The deer are keeping every emerging fan
trimmed to the ground because their natural browse has not yet leafed
out.  The unrelenting cool weather appears to have soft rot running amok
in my iris beds.  Am I tired of winter?  Would I be immediately and
permanently banned from this list - if not the entire internet - if I
were to express my truest feelings about our lack of spring???  You

Laurie - frustrated and envious in the Northland!

zone 3b northern MN - clay soil

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.