Re: CULT: Last Man Standing

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT: Last Man Standing
  • From: laurief <laurief@paulbunyan.net>
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 02 12:59:07 -0500

>Well, Laurie, kindly have some compassionate empathy rather than any
>#@%$!**%
>envy. You dream of things yet to be while I lament that which has only
>briefly been.

Please forgive, Bill, but we northerners (this northerner, anyway) suffer
from a seasonal demensia known as "Cabin Fever" that inhibits any and all
empathy - compassionate or otherwise - for anyone else on the planet who
has made it past winter and into spring before we do.  I am sorry your
iris season has progressed past peak, and I do hope you have rebloom to
look forward to later this season.  At the moment, however, I am far more
focused on the almost uncontrollable urge to take a blow torch to every
frozen clod of clay and late season snowflake I encounter.  My current
dreams are hardly of anticipated beauty. These deer are lucky I don't
have a truly murderous bone in my body.  ;-)

>Keep my request in mind though the end of your season seems so far away. I'm
>looking for the late genes in TBI's reguardless of the latitude at which
>they are grown.

Since it's starting to look like the beginning and end of bloom season
may be one and the same in my garden this year, I will mention last
season's final entries.  These were, however, first year plants, so their
seasonal timing might not have been at all typical. From latest *first*
open bloom -

TRIPLE WHAMMY 6/24
YAQUINA BLUE 6/24 (very stunted, deformed stalk with a single viable bud)
BAYBERRY CANDLE 6/23 (but continued blooming after TW and YB were done)
AZTEC TREASURE 6/22
MOON JOURNEY 6/21
LAURIE 6/20
SANDY ROSE 6/20