Re: CULT: Last Man Standing

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT: Last Man Standing
  • From: laurief <laurief@paulbunyan.net>
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 02 13:49:30 -0500

>Keep my request in mind though the end of your season seems so far away. I'm
>looking for the late genes in TBI's reguardless of the latitude at which
>they are grown.

It occurred to me it might be useful to give you a couple of other
references in addition to the late-season bloomers I provided in my last
email response.  To recap:

TRIPLE WHAMMY 6/24
YAQUINA BLUE 6/24 (very stunted, deformed stalk with a single viable bud)
BAYBERRY CANDLE 6/23 (but continued blooming after TW and YB were done)
AZTEC TREASURE 6/22
MOON JOURNEY 6/21
LAURIE 6/20
SANDY ROSE 6/20
SKATING PARTY 6/20
STARSTRUCK 6/20
SWEET ALEDA 6/20

Bearing in mind that these were all first year plants and therefore
probably atypical in their bloom sequence, it might also help put these
dates into perspective to know that my well-established clump of the Sib
ERIC THE RED opened first bloom on 6/22, and that my *first* TB blooms of
the season (also first year plants) opened on NIGHTSHADE, AUTUMN THUNDER,
LILTING, and CORN HARVEST on 6/6, 6/7, 6/8, and 6/8 respectively.

Laurie

laurief@paulbunyan.net
http://www.geocities.com/lfandjg/
zone 3b northern MN - clay soil