Re: SHOW: Bluegrass Iris Society?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] SHOW: Bluegrass Iris Society?
  • From: tmilchh@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 00:00:19 EDT

Dear Mark,
     We had 184 entries at our Show yesterday. It was beautiful. My bloom was
just beginning. Hugh Thurman got Best Specimen for an iris similiar to
Thornbird but without horns. It had fabulous branching & spacing, substance,
and number of blooms. It's name was Ozone something. Lessie VanHook got most
blue ribbons for 13, I heard. I haven't even counted mine. I had a lot that
refused to open in time for the show. But I did manage to get on the Queen's
table with WELCH'S REWARD, MTB, with 3rd runner up & best Other Than Tall
Bearded. Helen Cosby won 4th Runner up. She was thrilled. She was 80 last
year & is recovering from surgery. I entered your KENTUCKY MOONBEAM,
seedling 95-105 under your name, but no ribbons were given to seedling at the
show. Are you planning to Introduce either seedling?
     I don't have the full  Show report yet. But I will publish it when I get
it. Greg Schaffer is doing all the tabulations. Thank you Greg!
     Tired but happy after a successful Show.
Annette Milch, President of the BGIS, Lexington, Kentucky, USA, Zone 5/6

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.