Re: Re: RE:OT: plant theft

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: RE:OT: plant theft
  • From: dwiris@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 01:35:05 EDT

In a message dated 5/11/02 1:23:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kprp@swbell.net
writes:

> I take care of a perennial garden in a public park. I've learned not
> to plant anything really nice or unusual--it just gets stolen.

Hi Kim,

Sorry to hear of your bad experiences.  My husband and I maintain an iris
display garden in a public park and other volunteers maintain a large
perennial border.  The park has a greenhouse open to the public and has bulb
displays and annual plantings.  Sometimes bloom stalks are broken and seed
pods we were saving are knocked off, but we haven't had plants stolen.  The
reason is that the gardens are enclosed with a high fence and the gates are
locked at night.

Dorothy Willott in Northern Ohio, Zones 5/6

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!