Re: CULT: Last Man Standing

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT: Last Man Standing
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 09:50:11 EDT

Thanks Jeff. I will pay close attention to Hamblin's introductions. My
objective are multi-fold: I want to extend my bloom season. I want to test
candidates for heat tolerance. I what to examine candidates common ancestors.
I want to incorporate the more adaptable candidates in my hybridizing.

I also concur with your Dyke's assessment. It favors larger commercial
operations with wide distribution. It favors hybridizers in areas with larger
populations. It favors hybridizers with name recognition. It favors mid
season tall bearded iris. It favors pretty bloom above overall plant habit.
And, too a degree, it even favors the more politically adapt.

The irises themselves? They don't care so much about the medal. They favor
me!

Do I think a late from an obscure hybridizer will ever win the Dyke's? Of
course. I believe in divine intervention!

Thanks again,
Bill Burleson 7a/b
Old South Iris Society

Buy Stock for $4