RE: Re: Help We have No Blooms!

  • Subject: RE: [iris-talk] Re: Help We have No Blooms!
  • From: John Reeds <jreeds@microsensors.com>
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 08:33:47 -0700

> My irises are planted all around the grounds of the apartment complex I
> live in, I have made many flower beds here.
> Last year, a woman came and wanted to plant a bed outside her
> windows.  I had a small bed of irises there -- plenty of room to
> plant around them.  But she demanded I move them or she'd rip them
> out.  To keep the peace, I said I'd move them as soon as they
> bloomed.  She said NOW!  So I moved them, thereby forfeiting bloom
> that year.  And turned the other cheek.  Until the day I came out and
> found her with my irises from the other side of her bed crushed in
> her fist.
>
> Patricia Brooks, the irises finally blooming.

This lady (I use the term loosely) was obviously a lousy neighbor, although
I do understand if she felt she was entitled to the bed outside her own
window.  If these are officially common areas, the best move would be a
preemptive strike: make a deal with the management whereby you are
responsible for maintaining the flowerbeds (maybe even for a nominal fee).
Then her actions would be legally criminal and not just morally so.  I guess
she thought the iris might get in the way of her gazanias and dandilions.

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.