Re: OT/Chat: Iris Passion

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] OT/Chat: Iris Passion
  • From: GardnrJan1@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 12:56:58 EDT

In a message dated 5/12/2002 10:24:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tmilchh@aol.com writes:

>  My
> friends think I am strange because I can call each of them by name, only
> occationally having to look at a name tag for some very similiar irises.

Hi all,
       And you KNOW you've been scanning catalogs too often when you can name
at least three OTHER iris that it COULD be!    I have trouble remembering
names of people I meet but can rattle off hybridizers last names, sometimes
attatched to the iris they introduced.    Tsk, Tsk.    A happy
Quandary...(Keppel, 2002 intro I think...well, at least it was in his catalog
and very different from any other iris I've seen...)  One consolation is that
recently I was looking over the iris bed with hubby and he was admiring this
one iris when I said "oh, I think that one's going because this is the first
year in three it's bloomed" and he actually replied "ohhh, don't..."
Secretly hoping I've spread the iris virus,
Janet Natale
zone 8 of SC

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.