Re: Re: TB: CULT: First Blooms

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: TB: CULT: First Blooms
  • From: "Racheal Nekuda" <lilylvr@kansas.net>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 10:28:34 -0700

Hi al,
Here are my first blooms on TB's this year.

Eagle's Flight, May 8
Magic Palette, May 10
Power Surge, May 10
Bay City CHoice, May 12
Broadway, May 12
Vibrations, May 12
Creative Stitchery, May 13
Jumping, May 13
Afternoon Delight, May 14
Hidden World, May 14
Orchid Pinstripe, May 14

Magic Palette, Vibrations, Bay City Choice, and Orchid Pinstripe were all new last August. Jumping and Broadway bloomed for the first time this year. Eagle's Flight was 3 days earlier than last year, Magic Palette was 2 days early and the rest are blooming on the same date.

I love these early bloomers. I have a number of unknowns but none of them bloomed before EF. It is really something this year. It's first year it was a little crowded and the blooms were smaller. This year it has two branches and a bud off of the stem. I don't know what you call that. Then double socketed buds at the top. Really pretty this year.

Is Vibrations a luminata? The catalog I ordered it from did not say anything about that in the description.  Also what can cause blue iris to have streaks and splashes when I know they are not supposed to? I am wondering if it has something to do with where I placed them.

Wendy zone 5 Ks. A perfectly georgeous day.

Kwick Pick opens locked car doors,
front doors, drawers, briefcases,
padlocks, and more. On sale now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ehaLqB/Fg5DAA/Ey.GAA/2gGylB/TM