HYB: REB: question Immortality as parent?

  • Subject: HYB: REB: question Immortality as parent?
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 20:15:38 -0400

IMMORTALITY is incredibly stubborn about producing and maturing healthy
pods here.  It never makes pollen, and half the time if I can get it to
set a pod it rots off before it matures.

Does IMMORTALITY make pollen for others?

Any suggestions other than the usual rot treatments to help prevent
stalk/pod rot?

Then there are the IMMORTALITY babies - is it typical of her offspring
to produce a ton of new fans relative to the number of stalks?
IMMORTALITY grows that way here, and so have the majority of her babies
that have reached blooming size.

Walter Moores wrote an nice article about several of the important
rebloomer parents (ones that show up in a lot of pedigrees of registered
rebloomers) and found more from IMMORTALITY'S parent (I DO) than from
IMMORTALITY.  I haven't grown I DO - does it have the same tendency to
rot pods, not produce pollen, and spawn lots of weedy green leafy
children as IMMORTALITY does?

I hate to give up on her, she's such a sweetly fragrant, reliable,
everbloomer here, but my goodness, what a pain to work with!

Linda Mann south of Kingston, TN USA zone 7/8
cold, soggy, but sunny south - so cold I could see my breath this
morning.

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.