Re: Re: HYB: REB: question-Immortality as parent?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: HYB: REB: question-Immortality as parent?
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 11:42:32 -0700

Linda, we don't have any stalk rot here, too dry, but Celebration Song is the most rhizome rot prone iris I have.  It just won't set pods, but its pollen is very fertile on almost everything.  My beautiful orchid, 21-15 A, has all its bad habits, so I will never introduce it.  I am trying to make crosses with 21-15-A that will retain its color but eliminate its problems.  I have it crossed onto Silverado, Appleblossom Days and Magical Encounter.  I meant to cross it onto Ruffled Goddess but didn't get around to it.  I'll try that another year.  So far, the lovely lavender amoena sibling doesn't show those tendencies.  I have hope.
Did you get your pretty seedling sent to the convention gardens?
Francelle Edwards   Glendale, AZ  Zone 9