HIST: CULT: pink trials

  • Subject: HIST: CULT: pink trials
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 15:41:02 -0400

I was curious to see how some of the pinks that are in a lot of
pedigrees of my better growers would do here at the Rot/Freeze Queen's
garden.  This has been an unbelievably good bloom year, so I may not see
these do this well again:

MARY RANDALL, here two years, bloomed nicely this year, not last year.
PINK LACE, also here two years, also happy this year, not last
PINK FORMAL - I had two starts of this, one of which I forgot I had.
The other one was doing so poorly, I sent it to a better home (maybe).
The remaining plant bloomed well last year (very bad year for many
things) & set a bee pod, which yielded several seedlings.  It did not
bloom this year, but is still growing reasonably well (i.e., it isn't
dead).
OVATION - here two years, tried to bloom last year, bloomed this year.
I think I may have gotten a pod from some of its pollen.  A VERY unhappy
little guy, but alive.

The historic pink I still would like to try is MAY HALL - couldn't find
it for sale last time Anner Whitehead hunted for it.  I think Jeff
Walters told me it is now commercially available somewhere, if I can
just remember to order it.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search