Re: Re: OT: BIO -- Intro -- Can grow iris in pots, also plant in ...

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: OT: BIO -- Intro -- Can grow iris in pots, also plant in ...
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 22:58:46 EDT

Contrary to conventional wisdom, most iris will grow and bloom in full to
near full shade. Increase is slow and sometimes not at all. Bloom stalks
typically are weaker and smaller in diameter, but grow somewhat taller.
Blooms are about the same size. Some time back I think I posted a picture of
Apricot Drops to iris-pictures that grows here in full shade (will check if
not will post). Several others grow in full shade here too. Plus one is
accidentally growing in a 1 gal plastic pot in full shade by accident. I
forgot about it last year. It has increased to 2 fans.

Spect if you sent a mailing address to my email, sometime when I'm ah diggin'
em I'd send a couple for you to try. I'm ah figgerin of course since you had
a childhood in Texas you ain't all Yankee and them iris I'm ah sendin are
gonna like yawl.

Smiles to you,
Bill Burleson 7a/b
Old South Iris Society