SPEC:Iris furcata

  • Subject: SPEC:Iris furcata
  • From: "tesilvers" <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 13:50:07 -0000

Is anyone familiar with Iris furcata? I have a new plant
of "Mellacata" in bloom right now. It's supposed to be from
I.suaveolens var. mellita and I.furcata, hence the name. Anyway the
flowers have no pollen on the anthers, but they have a great scent
and do resemble mellita in appearance. The mellita I had (now
deceased) didn't have this sweet, baby-powder, scent and was not well-
adapted to my growing conditions. So, I'm pleasantly suprised by this
little "Mellacata".

Just wondering if anyone could describe the other parent (I.furcata).

Your opinion is very important to us!