HYB: carried away....

  • Subject: HYB: carried away....
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 21:21:55 -0400

Considering that I made over 100 crosses last year and got 6? pods with
viable seeds, I figured I should make a few more attempts this year.  So
far, I have gone thru 3 boxes of labels (100 per box), and have cycled
back thru a large percentage of those as the 'wanna be' pods have
withered and dropped off.

According to my notebook, I have 24 (!!!) pods maturing on HARVEST OF
MEMORIES from various crosses.   A few of these may drop off, some may
be empty, but (gulp), I think this may be a lifetime supply of
seedlings, and with the parents I've used, a lot of them may live long
enough to need to be lined out.

Fortunately, there are only about 8 pods forming on IMMORTALITY....

Then there are all the crosses I just couldn't resist with my seedlings
(most of which didn't take, fortunately), and this 'n that.

Not to mention all the pollen I've stockpiled just in case next year is
'back to normal'.

Sure has been fun....<g>

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Your opinion is very important to us!