Re: Re: Hyb: Bee Pods

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: Hyb: Bee Pods
  • From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>
  • Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 07:55:56 -0600

> From: Kelly D. Norris <kellydn@frontiernet.net>
> In my area of the world I see several bee pods a year.  My iris
collection is in a development stage but of the hundred some iris blossoms
that unfurl there heavenly petals here a year I probably have seen 12-20
bee pods.

> Course at my house bee activity is fairly high.  There are some hives up
the road and a large honey producer about 9 miles away.  Maybe this
explains it! <g>

Kelly,

Bumblebees are the natural pollinators of bearded irises. Honeybees are too
small to be effective pollinators, particularly of the ones with larger
flowers, such as TBs.

jcwalters@bridgernet.com

Your opinion is very important to us!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/NOFBfD/uAJEAA/Ey.GAA/2gGylB/TM