Re: HIST: SEED -- and how hard is it to ship rhizomes to other countries?

  • Subject: Re: HIST: SEED -- and how hard is it to ship rhizomes to other countries?
  • From: "gesinelohr" <GesineLohr@excite.com>
  • Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 09:24:04 -0000

Hi Rochelle,

I'm presently growing some seedlings from a cross of
INDIAN CHIEF (Ayres 1929) and AMAS.  I hope they'll bloom
next year.  Still have some seed from that cross, if you're

We grow quite a few historics, and Jean (one of my housemates)
and I have been pollinating -- have a couple of seed pods
ripening now.

I would be more than happy to send you some seed, from
crosses of historics with historics.  I'm not familiar with
how difficult it is to send rhizomes to your area -- can anyone
tell me?  You said you thought you could send them to the US.

Please do look at the pictures at the HIPS site
www.worldiris.com, select HIPS.
HIPS is a great group, I really enjoy it.

Anyhow, please write me off list so we can exchange
addresses, and I'll send you some seed.

Historics are my favorite*

Your opinion is very important to us!