HYB: very fertile year

Excellent percentage of "takes" on my crosses this year.  I only attempted
22 different crosses this year (many multiples of the same cross).  In all,
only 3 failed even once.  2 single attempts, and 4 tries to get one
particular cross to take on Rippling River (whose private parts did look a
little carmelized, but didn't offer any pollen to try the reverse cross).
Damn! I really wanted that one.

I've lost 3 pods off of Louisa's Song (7 left); maybe a curious raccoon?  I
really have no idea.  Last year two pods disappeared off Double Dribble in
the same way.

Lots of bee pods for me this year, but I'll never get a bee pod on Louisa's
Song.  You have to shred those rufffled and interwoven standards to get
inside.  My purple plicata seedling had a lot; Cross Current, Progressive
Attitude, and a Squires seedling all had multiples.  Think I'll save the
ones from my plicata seeding.  I wonder if bee pods are likely to be
self-crossed or multiple parent pollination cases.

Crystal Dreams x Reincarnation is about to bloom for the first time.  Any
exact guess on what that one will look like would be a proven psychic.
Could be subtle, exotic, and unique.

John Reeds, in 9b southern Calif.

Your opinion is very important to us!