Re: Re: CULT: HYB: short stalks (was last bloom)

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: CULT: HYB: short stalks (was last bloom)
  • From: "Randalls at 83641" <randall83641@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 11:42:07 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Linda Mann" <lmann@volfirst.net>

> Patricia (or others), do you grow IMMORTALITY?  What's the tallest
> you've ever seen it?  It is very consistent here, but also short.

Linda, My tallest stalk of IMMORTALITY blooming right now is 31.5 inches.
Most are around the 28 to 29" range though.

I had a few short stalks come on iris that usually bloom mid to late season.
This year we had some nicer warmer weather come on real quick and I think
they just opened early on the shorter stalks. Weather has cooled down again
and the later stalks on the same plants have been much taller and normal
height. Our bloom season is slightly later than usual also.  The three that
come to mind, IMMORTALITY, SHEBA'S QUEEN and PINK ATTRACTION are all
rebloomers here for me, wonder if that means anything.

Char Randall
Melba, ID USDA zone 6
Roller coaster weather this spring!

Your opinion is very important to us!