RE: Re: TB: CULT: Short stalks

  • Subject: RE: [iris-talk] Re: TB: CULT: Short stalks
  • From: John Reeds <jreeds@microsensors.com>
  • Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 15:12:17 -0700

> I have some buds on a first-year clump of Maria Tormena, and the way my
> season is going and with the weirdness that's in my garden, those buds can
> open up anywhere they please, inside the fans or out, I just want to see
> flowers!!! <G>
> Cheryl Leigh in wacky weird zone 6
You miss the point.  When the flower blooms inside the fan, it can bloom,
die, and eventually rot without ever showing itself until the rot spreads
into the rhizome and the fan keels over.  Definitely not something you want
to have happen.  Sometimes the first visible sign is just a wet, rotten
petal oozing out from between the leaves.  Definitely not something you wish
to see!

John Reeds

Your opinion is very important to us!