Re: HIST: SEED -- and how hard is it to ship rhizomes to other countries?

  • Subject: Re: HIST: SEED -- and how hard is it to ship rhizomes to other countries?
  • From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 20:31:28 +1000

Gesine wrote:
>I would be more than happy to send you some seed, from
>crosses of historics with historics.  I'm not familiar with
>how difficult it is to send rhizomes to your area -- can anyone
>tell me?  You said you thought you could send them to the US.

Gesine and Rochelle - seed can be sent from the US to Australia so long as
it is correctly labelled, clean and dry, with no contaminants.
It cannot however be sent to the US without the SENDER getting a
phytosanitation certificate.
Rhizomes cannot be sent either way without a phytosanitation certificate,
available after inspection of the goods by quartantine.
It thus becomes an expensive business.
Cheers, Jan in Australia

Your opinion is very important to us!