CULT: Tennessee State Flower

Answering my own post by delving into Mallorn Archives, I find that
Greg McCullough of this list thinks the iris depicted on the
Tennessee tag is i. germanica.

James Brooks, also/formally of this list says no color iris is
specified for the state flower but is generally regarded as
being blue or purple with ears (falls) like a 'hound dog.'

Walter Moores

There is a person on another list who is trying to get the
true iris that is the Tennessee State flower.  They want to be
historically correct.

Can anyone here help?

The iris was adopted as the state flower in TN in 1933.

I used to think it was i. cristata until I saw the vanity
car tags for Tennessee State Parks depicting a rather
modern iris.

Then, the person referred me to a site that showed TN symbols,
showing a sixties or seventies tall bearded iris as the
state flower.

Further confusion may be caused by TENNESSEE BICENTENNIAL.

Help this person, please, find the true Tennessee state flower and
also a source for TENNESSEE BICENTENNIAL.  Does Superstition have it?

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.