Re: Re: HYB: more wisdom re: pollination

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: HYB: more wisdom re: pollination
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 17:41:01 EDT

Linda, I appreciate the posts, research and reposts of relavant info. Since I
posted time and other questions on this subject, I've been in the biology
books seeking my own answers the hard way. Some inconsistancies in post and
repost suggest this may be the better way. Of the reposts Shears stuff is
most consistant with what text say. Have strong reservations about one grain
pollinating all ovules in other chambers in the other post. Long ago accepted
one stigma being able to pollinate ovules in all chambers (from experience
not book). Still trying to understand how (hopefully from book). Can't chop
off styles to work out time lines (not enough blooms left) or would. Guess
that's book too. Internet ain't everything.

Everytime I think I get more questions than answers. <big g>

Bill Burleson 7a/b
Old South Iris Society

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search